Friday, May 22, 2009

Favorite Things for Father's Day - By The Succulent Wife

The Succulent Wife's Favorite Things by Audrey van Petegem, Contributing Editor
I realize I may be getting ahead of myself worrying about Father's Day (June21), since Mother's Day just past, but I tend to do this when I’m looking to buy a meaningful gift for father of my children. I know that I'm not the only one who thinks “what do you get for the man who does not seem to need anything!” Being married to him for 23 (blissful) years and having his three children makes me think I know him pretty well, but when it comes to buying him something, for any occasion, I still panic!!! He is truly the hardest person to buy for. One thing I do know about him is that he loves great wine. So I was thrilled to discover www.personalwine.com. I loved the idea of personalizing a bottle of wine, just for Father’s Day.Their selection of wines is impressive; from high end to moderately priced. They carry a wide variety of reds, whites, blush and sparkling wine from the US, as well as a selection from Italy, Chile, Spain, Australia and France. I liked that all their wines have great descriptions with suggested meal pairings, so that although I am not a Wine Spectator reader, I know that I’m making an“educated” selection. Someone has done their homework and I get to take advantage of it! Some wines have their points rated with dates of maturity...

No comments: