Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Ends and Fall Begins...

Perhaps its too early to hope for Fall, but the Holidays are right around the corner. I spent the past several weeks sourcing new wines for Wines.com for the 2010 Holidays and we've managed to pick up several incredible new wines from the US, Chile and France. This coming Christmas and New Years, think about the special people in your life. Perhaps a friend is looking to retire from their career or maybe your sister just bought her first home. Do you have a friend getting married? Do you send out Holiday gifts to your clients?

I founded Personal Wine back in 2000 completely by mistake. I wanted to give gifts to my top customers for the holidays so I bought some wines from a store, soaked off the labels and re-labeled them with my design. The idea was so well received by my peers at the office, they asked me to do their Holiday gifts and my boss actually gave me a week off to do the whole Company's Holiday gifts. It was the most fortunate holiday I ever had because simple creativity went a long way and the response we got from our clients was enormous. I still speak with some of my clients today as our client relationship gravitated towards friendship. If your best customers support you, why are they not your friends? They should be!

The past two years have been extremely challenging for most people across the globe. People are watching their pocketbooks ever so closely. While I encourage you to save, please don't forget about the special people, even if you get them a card that tells them "Thank You." It will go a long way to keep you in your friends' thoughts! Let them know you care and they are on your mind.

I wish all of you the best in life and tremendous happiness. Feel free to reach out to me personally with any questions about our wine selections, label designs and don't forget I'm all over Twitter and Facebook too!

Peace, love and happiness!


Alex Andrawes
CEO and Founder
Personal Wine
(512) 476-9463 ext 304
Find me on Twitter @personalwine

No comments: