Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wine Storage...By Land or By Sea?


I’ve never really been into science. It never really “clicked” for me in school and I hated studying for it. It was just so tedious and the one thing that I really had to work at in school. However, I can’t deny the fact that wine making is a science, a rather fascinating one at that. And as much I hate having to learn about science, I love hearing about what other people discover in the scientific world, especially when it benefits me. So when I came across this article I couldn’t help but be intrigued. Louis Roederer has decided to place several dozen wine bottles 15 meters under water to see if the wine will taste better after discovering that the water in the bay is the ideal temperature, 10 degrees Celsius, for ageing wine. The wine will be left underwater for 12 months, and then Roederer will hold a tasting to see if the wine aged the normal way or aged underwater has a more satisfactory taste. I am looking forward to the results of the test and will keep you updated! I hope you guys are excited as I am.

No comments: