Monday, June 9, 2008

Rising To The Top

I've been meaning to comment about this article for awhile now, and some of you might have already read it, but I want to share it with the rest of our friends out there. There are always going to be the Frank Sinatra's of the wine world, the ones that never go out of style. Your Robert Mondavi's, your Joe Heitzs', your Louis Martini's...I think you get the picture. These men will always be known for the wonderful things they have done/will do for the world of wine. However, I also think it is important to look out for and know the up and coming winemakers. Parents and politicians are always saying "Children are the future." Well, the same holds true for these new "cult" wines. This article from the San Francisco Chronicle identifies 10 wineries to watch out for in the upcoming year, as well as a list of wineries that will most likely be on this list next year. I encourage you to go read it, and then go out and try some of the wines on the list. Some of them are kind of pricey, I know. However, many of them are not. And if you do go out and splurge on the pricier ones you will not be disappointed.

I really want to know what you guys think about the list. Are there any wineries you think should be on here? Any you are surprised that made it? Tell me!! Tell me!!

No comments: