Thursday, June 12, 2008

Give me a Schug

Some friends of mine recently had the opportunity to take a trip to Schug Winery in Sonoma, California. He graciously sent me some pictures that he took on his trip there and shared some of his thoughts about the vineyard. I couldn’t wait to share them with all of you, and then comment about one of my favorite wines from the Schug Carneros Estate Winery, the 2004 Heritage Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.

At about $50 a bottle it is a little bit pricey, but well worth it. Now what I love about this Cab in particular is its perfect blend of fruit and spices. Not too overpowering in either category, not leaving you wanting more taste, but wanting that next sip! The rich texture and long finish of the wine make it a great match for some of my favorite foods, like a good piece of meat or a hearty stew. My friend was told that this wine would be one that you could drink now, or stick in the cellar/cabinet for a rainy day about 5 to 7 years down the road.

I wanted to share the picture that my friend took of the scenery at the vineyard. He had some other ones that were fantastic, but this one took the cake!

Now go and try some of the other wines from Schug Carneros’ marvelous selection. Maybe buy one for your dad for Father’s Day? You didn’t forget did you?

No comments: